Parachute Repacking Service
Parasential offer a repacking service from Lasham.
Please contact 01256 381689 or for further details.
Care of Parachutes
Wet Parachutes (or spillage)
NEVER dry by direct heat.
If the parachute gets wet or has any spillage on it - it should be deployed at the earliest convenient opportunity
To deploy (on the ground)
- Put the parachute on as though you were going to fly.
- Stand with your back to a table (this stops the parachute falling all over the place)
- Pull the 'D' ring. The drogue will 'pop' and the canopy will partly open
- Take harness off.
- Lay the canopy lengthways (if possible) preferably on a long table
- Open the folds to dry naturally
- Keep checking folds until dry - then get to your rigger for checking and repack a.s.a.p.
- NB Remember to include the 'D' ring when sending for repack.
Hot Conditions (and it sometimes happens in the UK!)
NEVER leave a parachute in direct sunlight (especially your car or cockpit). The strong sunlight can damage the fibres, the heat and humidity can melt the bands holding the rigging lines, causing problems if you did have to jump!